It's not all about the baby!

by Gracie

The photographer took my picture too.  I loved this beautiful, ruffly tutu skirt so much!  And the flower in my hair made me feel so fancy!  Why won't my mother dress me like this everyday?

I love my baby sister, but as an almost-2-year-old, I've got a lot of other things going on as well.  One of my favorite games lately is to tell my mom what picture to draw.  My commands include: dog, meow, fish, duck, ball, baby, Daddy, and apple.  My mom draws all these items pretty well.










My spoken vocabulary expands daily.  In addition to the words I use in my drawing game, some other recent words I say are: bubbles, jump, ball, up, balloon, and cookie.  You know I've got others.  My editor just doesn't understand them.
Speaking of bubbles, they are my current obsession.  I ask to play with them several times every day.  I also like to draw them, read about them, and see them on TV.  My dad and I made a special trip to the store to get a Bubble Blaster 5000.  It makes more bubbles than you can imagine!  My dad likes all the coolest toys.

In rearranging to make room for little baby gear, my parents have finally provided me with my own office space.  I have been tending to all my most important business at my table.  I keep my prized dinosaurs and my dog valentine cards in the drawer, and I like to read my books and have snacks here.  (By the way, check out my first flip-flops!)

Last but not least, I have my own baby to take care of.  She's an angel baby--she doesn't cry at all.  She never dirties her diaper (and I do check several times per day).  She does not interrupt my playtime with my parents.  She doesn't eat much at all.  And she's so sturdy!

More almost-2-year-old news soon.  Hugs & kisses to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment