I'm 2!!

by Gracie
That's right ladies & gentlemen, I am now officially 2 years old!  First, the stats:

* I am 34" tall (51st percentile).

* I weigh 25 pounds (26th percentile).

I've grown a couple inches, but haven't gained any weight, since my 1 1/2 year old check-up... so still a long, thin string bean.  I'm healthy and didn't cry a bit when I got my shots today.  That's definitely a sign of a big girl.

My birthday was an excellent day.  I had a relaxing morning of Sesame Street and cheerios, while my mom, Grandma, and "Bop" (Grandpa) were frantically getting ready for something, which turned out to be my birthday party!  Grandma made me a special birthday shirt and headband, and I was looking just stunning if I do say so myself.  Bop brought me some balloons and we headed off to the neighborhood playground, where a bunch of my friends joined me for playing on the playground and making bubbles, which are two of my favorite things.  Better yet, we played in the water.  I got a sand/water table for my birthday (one of my new favorite things), and I really enjoyed splashing and pouring the water into the toys.  We had cupcakes and some of my favorite foods for lunch.  It was such a special day, and I'm so glad my friends & family could share it with me.




After the party, I washed all the cupcake frosting off in a big rainstorm, and then headed home.  Although I tried to fight it, I slept off the party with a long afternoon nap.  I eventually gave in to the nap, but I did not give in to letting go of my balloons.


Bop!






Aside from birthday celebrations, I've been working on lots of other things.  I've added many words and phrases to my vocabulary in the past few weeks.  The phrase of the week is "I got it!!"  Other recent favorite words include two, bop, hug, read book, eyes, and bath.  I have confirmed my face-drawing with a new game: my mom draws a face that is missing eyes or mouth, and I draw the missing feature.  I have also been enjoying driving my new motorized 4-wheeler, shooting baskets, and taking very good care of my baby dolls.

My sister is doing very fine.  She is staying awake more and smiling a lot.  We are getting along just great, and it's been nice having my grandparents here to play with me while my mom takes care of the baby.

I'll let my sister write to you soon.  I also need to tell you about Easter--I've been so busy!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment