Fun fun fun

by Gracie
I know it's really Allie's turn to get a word in, but she is just so sweet and agreeable that she let me have another turn.  And she was also cooperative with letting me have another lovely weekend.  Thanks little sister!  The weekend was so nice that I wanted to tell you all about it.

I went to a birthday party on Saturday where I got to play with lots of other kids, play outside in the water, eat a delicious cupcake, and wear an Elmo hat.  Fantastic.  Here I am on the slip-and-slide.  Usually my mother fusses at me when I play in the water, and here she actually encouraged it.  I had a great time.  Allie pretty much slept... she's not much of a party animal.

On Sunday I went to a dog Easter bonnet contest with some friends.  The dog in this picture is also named Gracie!  She is deserving of the name, because she is just as fashionable as I am.  I met a lot of other dogs there, including one who loved to give me kisses, and a gigantic English Mastiff.  Dogs are the best.

My mother insisted that our own dogs would never allow us to dress them up for Easter.  She underestimates my darling Raven!  I put beads and bunny ears on her, and she didn't complain one bit.  Do I have a future canine contestant for next year's bonnet competition??

In appreciation of her support of Team Mikan, here is a recent picture of my sweet little sister.  Can you believe it?  She's actually awake, eyes open!  She's had a few days where she catches on to the nap-fighting, crying technique that I perfected when I was her age, but most of the time she is a sleepy, good-natured little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment