It's a baby!

1/2 a day old!
As you may have already heard, my little sister, Allison Lee, arrived on Friday, March 4, 2011 at 1:33AM.  She looks nothing like the ball I was expecting, although she is a little chubby butterball... 9 pounds and 5 ounces, and 20 inches long at birth.  (That's above 95% for her weight, and 75% for her height!)  She got her middle name from my mom's grandma, and her first name from long debates between my parents.  She's already got nicknames too: Allie-Cat and Allie-Gator.

I visited her at the hospital for a couple days, and then my parents brought her home.  I was really excited to meet her, and so far, I quite like her.  If you'd like to see some video of our first meetings, be sure to check out my Aunt Gretchen's videos that she uploaded to YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/gmvoelker
Checking to be sure she does not have more hair than I do.

Allie sleeps A LOT.  She sleeps and eats.  She has not got the message about not napping, but it's ok, because I get a little more of my mom's attention that way.  I've been spending a lot of quality time with my dad lately, and having a blast.  And the last week and half, my Aunt G was here with me, waiting for Allison and hanging out with me while my parents were at the hospital.  We had a lot of fun, and I have a bunch of pictures to share with you soon.  I miss Aunt G a lot.

Our first picture as a family of 4!  Mom, Aunt G, and I made the 'welcome home' sign last week.
My mom says she might not have a lot of time to help me with long blog updates in the near future.  In fact, my mom was updating Gracieland the night that Allie interrupted and decided to be born!  But check back for a photo montage of my time with Aunt G, and more updates on Allie.  Although she sleeps all the time, she seems to change a little everyday.  I've got so much to teach her!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Very cute, G! I miss you and your sister!

Gracie Goose said...

And my parents??

Gretchen said...

Of course!

Post a Comment