Bilingual storytime

by Gracie

I have always liked books, but lately I really, really love books.  I like to have some books in bed with me at night. If I wake-up in the middle of the night and go into my parents' room, I always take a book with me, although they have never agreed to read with me at 3AM. (On a sidenote, I'm once again out of the baby jail and in my big girl bed, and the last 2 nights I was perfectly agreeable at bedtime and slept in my bed all night!) I read or have my parents read to me as much as possible throughout the day. One of my favorite books lately is "Princess Baby," and I will share it with you now. Keep in mind that I'm translating the words into Gracienese as I read. Some words that are similar in Gracienese and English include baby, duck, Daddy, Mama, bye, and The End, so listen up for those.

Some other words that I've been saying lately that you might understand include bear, eat, fly, it's okay, cow, swing, slide, Allie, moon, and stars, and I recognize numbers 2, 5, and 8.  I think I'll master English before you master Gracienese!

No comments:

Post a Comment