Big sister lessons with Jillyboo

by Gracie
I had an awesome time with my Aunt Jill during her week-long visit.  I skipped right over the shy phase, and presented her with the books that I wanted her to read to me as soon as she sat down.  She's a great story-reader, and she brought me books about SkippyJon Jones, who is a cat who can paint, and who has a sister named Jillyboo.  I can't say Jillyboo yet, but I will!
We made brief visits to all the best sites in Savannah.  (Brief because that's all my little sister can handle.)  In exchange for my tour guide services, I got to make careful observations of how to be an awesome big sister.  I took Aunt Jill downtown where we took a tour of the historic home of the founder of the Girl Scouts, and visited River Street, including the candy kitchen, the jewelry stores, and a pirate ship.  We also visited the Oatland Island Wildlife Center.  There were alligators and wolves and such, but I really liked the "ducks" (birds), and feeding the turtles.  We made a stop at the beach at Tybee Island, but didn't stay long because my mom and aunt are scared of jellyfish.  We went to the Tybee Island Marine Science Center, where I got to see baby sea turtles, baby alligators, and fish, and I got to touch live sand dollars, snails, and crabs.  We ate at restaurants a couple times, which was super fun since I hadn't done that since my sister arrived.  Everywhere we went, I got to hold Jill's "arm" (hand) so that my mom could handle Allison.
Aunt Jilly is also quite skilled at assembling Ms Potato Head, and coloring pictures.  We had a really good time together, however I did share her with my little sister, because big sisters share.  Here they are together.  Allison thought that our aunt was really funny.  And Aunt Jill crocheted her this beautiful blanket with "ducks" (owls) on it.
It was so lovely having Aunt Jill around.  She's so much fun, we got to go lots of great places, and her little sister (aka my mom) was stress-free!  I already see Allison watching what I do, so I hope that I am as good a big sister as my Aunt Jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment