I'm a stringbean.

I checked in with the pediatrician this week. Only 2 shots, and I'm a smart, healthy string bean:

* I weigh 19.8 pounds. This is the 25% for people my age.

* I am 30 inches tall. This is the 80% for people my age.

* My head is 46.5 cm around. This is the 87% for people my age.

So, I'm tall and thin and have a rapidly growing brain. The doctor said this is all within normal ranges and that he had no concerns about my size or my health. I get to start drinking real milk now, and will be getting rid of baby bottles in the next few months.

Other general status updates:

* I still have only 4 teeth. I've been trying to get some more for weeks now, but they're slow. I use the 4 that I've got really well.

* I still don't have much hair. What I do have in back is a little curly.

* I get around mostly by "cruising." I walk while holding onto furniture, my buggy, or Raven the patient dog. I can walk a few steps without holding on, and I can stand up without holding on for a few seconds.

* I sleep through the night beautifully. I take 1 or 2 naps per day.

* I like to talk, but mostly in my own language. My words are "gog" (dog), "uh-oh," "ma ma ma ma," and sometimes "hi." Some people claim they've heard me say other words, but those are the ones I say consistently.

* I like to look at books, pass the ball back and forth with my mom, and empty and fill-up containers with whatever I can find. I point to everything that I find interesting.
* I'm a very picky eater. I am learning to use my little fork, but mostly use my fingers. My favorites are macaroni & cheese, scrambled eggs, and tapioca pudding.

* I'm very sociable. I play with my friends (instead of playing near them), wave at some people selectively, and talk to some people in public places--mostly other children.

No comments:

Post a Comment