10 months!

by Allison

Can you believe I'm into the double-digits already?  In a couple months, I'll be a year old!

At a recent visit to the pediatrician for a cold, I weighed in at 20.6 pounds.  I'm still growing strong & fast!  As you can see, that one tooth that I mentioned before is visible now, and there are at least 3 more on the way.  I will definitely be glad when all the teeth get here, as my aching gums can make it difficult to sleep soundly and can make me generally a little grouchy at times.  But for the most part, I'm a happy girl!
Want a closer look
at that tooth?

My hair has been growing too, and seems to be darker and straighter than my sister's.  She likes to help me maintain my luxurious locks.

I am highly mobile.  I've only walked a step or two on my own, but I can walk behind a push toy quite well, and like to walk holding hands.  I have mastered standing up and waving my arms in the air, and I am fairly certain that I could win a championship in speed-crawling.

I prefer to feed myself finger foods, but my mother still insists on trying to sneak some baby mush in my mouth.  I enjoyed grown-up chicken & dumplings this evening, probably my favorite meal so far.  I enjoy playing with all Gracie's toys, and sometimes my own.  I love dancing with the family, playing with dog food every time I get the chance to race over there, and I still enjoy hanging upside down as much as I can.  I've figured out exactly how much fun Dad is, and have been spending more time with him.  I get excited about bathtime, especially running water.  I am losing interest in naps more and more, but my parents won't give that up either.  Life as a 10-month old is fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment