Here she comes! Wait... who?

I am told that my "baby sister," also known as "Allison," will be coming to our house soon. I've really been trying to figure out exactly what this means. I think my mother is fairly confused about it as well. Whenever I poke her in the belly, she asks me "what is that?" I tell her it's a ball, as I'm certain that it is.  Yet she insists that it's a baby.  Uhm Mom, I know what a baby is, and I know what a ball is, and that is definitely a ball.  A ball is one of my very favorite toys!

Some of my other favorite toys are my baby dolls. My parents have been stocking up on all kinds of baby doll accessories, and have even made a special room for me to play with my dolls. I have put clean diapers on many of my dolls, and some of my animals too. My parents even set-up a carseat for my baby dolls.   Don't tell them, but I think that was taking it a bit too far. They seemed so pleased with themselves... I'll play along if it makes them happy.

Anyway, back to this "Baby Allison" project. My parents have been assembling things.  I helped de Da put together this stroller. And they've been getting all my old stuff out.  I'm glad to see my old stuff, but they keep telling me that I'm too big for it, and it's for "the baby."  One thing I know for sure is that I love my blue chair that Gram gave me, and it definitely is not for "the baby."  I keep dragging it out of this room, and they keep putting it back in there. 



















I don't remember sleeping in this bassinet, and it's too high for my dolls, so I don't see why "the baby" and I can't share it.   I think I've found myself a good spot, where I will be able to rock her really well!

The sooner Allison gets here, the sooner I'll get to the bottom of this mysterious ball and all the things I am supposedly too big for now.  If she hasn't stopped by to explain herself by Tuesday, I've got a video teleconference scheduled with her to discuss it with her directly.  I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Good luck with that ball Gracie! Let me know how it turns out!

Post a Comment