Christmas in Texas

I have returned from a long journey to the great state of Texas, where I enjoyed yet another fabulous Christmas celebration. Grandma was a cooking fool (delicious mashed potatoes), and Grandpa was excellent entertainment. My aunts and uncles were lots of fun, and I got to spend time with some of my Mom's old friends. But the greatest thing about Grandma & Grandpa's house is their little dogs, Josie and Mikey. They are about my size and they run around so happily. I studied them closely, and have made progress on imitating their movements... I can wiggle and scoot around the house on my tummy, pulling myself with one arm and pushing myself with one leg. I just can't figure out how to get my belly off the ground, or how to shake my tail like the dogs do. By the next time I see them, I hope to be able to keep up with them. Won't they be surprised.

I got so many nice Christmas gifts. I got lots of toys, many of them involving balls... a giant baseball, balls than rattle and chime, and balls that pop into the air. The balls that pop into the air are my favorite because I enjoy watching Mom chase the balls and return them to the popper. Good exercise for her, haha. I got books and drums and blocks too. Plus, I practically got a whole new Spring wardrobe, which will fit me very soon at the rate that I am growing!

I understand that in a few more years, I am to enjoy this Christmas tradition of decorating sugar cookies.

Aunt Jill and Aunt Gretchen allowed me to try a taste of the frosting. Surprisingly, I was not too impressed. However, I have discovered teething biscuits, and I quite like them. I'm enjoying tasting all kinds of new things, but my mother keeps trying to feed me those disgusting peas. How many times do I have to tell her??

Aunt Gretchen and Uncle James are always on the go. During one of their jogs, they discovered a playground with swings for people my age. I made a couple of trips to the playground and I loved swinging, especially with Grandpa. I plan on many more trips to these playgrounds during my trips to Texas. Outstanding fun!

There was so much more to my wonderful Texas vacation. That's just the highlights. More updates soon, I promise.

Love,
g

No comments:

Post a Comment