I ♥ Dad

My time with my Dad was absolutely wonderful. Best 2 weeks of my whole life so far! I can't wait for him to come home for good. Dad was fun right from the start, but I wasn't so sure he knew how to do the "Mommy jobs". I looked to her to do these things for me at first, but after getting to know Dad again, I trusted him do just about anything that Mom does. He hasn't quite mastered the psychology of dirty diapers, so we'll need to keep Mom around for that job. She's an expert at it. My Dad put me to bed most nights, and I slept just great. Most importantly, we played and played and played. As soon as I saw Dad coming, I would laugh and smile, and Mom would mysteriously disappear. Dad quickly learned all the lyrics to my favorite songs, and he sings them even better than the original artists. We bounced and jumped and danced. We cuddled and I learned a little about football and mixed martial arts. He introduced me to glow sticks, which really hold my interest when the car is dark and in Chinese restaurants. We had Christmas, and Dad picked out the best toys ever so far. I showed Dad all my tricks, and am already working on some new ones to impress him next time I see him. I have been looking all over for him the past couple days, especially when I get up in the morning or after a nap. I scan the room for him, but no such luck. I really thought I saw him once, but turned out to be a pillow in the dark on his side of the bed. Disappointing, but he'll be home in just a few more months. Counting down, again!

No comments:

Post a Comment