11 months

by Allison

Hello family & friends!  It's that time again... another month has gone by, and just one more until I'm a year old already.  As always, I've been very busy.  First of all, I have learned to walk!  Not just behind a buggy or push-toy, but the kind of walking where I let go and walk across the room by myself.  I am loving it, and walking a little further everyday.


Some of my other favorite activities include:
- putting things on my head
- playing in the dog food dishes
- waving at people
- pushing the baby doll in her stroller
- giving hugs and kisses
- tossing my cups & bottles on the floor and laughing when Gracie picks them up... over & over again
- turning on the water in the bathtub and sticking my hands in the water
- copying everything that my sister does, including clapping my hands, flapping my arms, patting my head, and trying to do "Itsy Bitsy Spider" hand motions
- playing fun Daddy-games, like "Allie Bombs" and "Flying Baby"
- "helping" with the laundry and the dishwasher, and
- swinging and hanging out at the playground
In the last month, I've gone to my first circus, attended a baby friend's awesome Dr. Seuss themed birthday party, and gone to music classes and story-time at the library with Gracie.  I go to playdates, and enjoy them so much more now that I can participate in the play.

I have grown 3 new teeth, for a total of 4 (and believe me, that was not pleasant work).  I prefer to feed myself, and some meals I have not had any help from my parents.  I like peas, lasagna, cheese, scrambled eggs, waffles, ice cream, green beans, hot dogs, and various other people foods.  I think that pureed baby food is best used as a hair conditioner.  Maybe that's why I have almost as much hair as my big sister now!  And the rest of me is growing too... no official stats this month, but I'm wearing some 18-month size clothing already.  I've been napping better and I sleep great at night.

That's all for now!  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment