"Dames & Geschen in the red car?"


by Gracie

My Aunt Gretchen and Uncle James came to visit me (and the rest of the family) before Halloween.  I'm a huge fan of Gretchen and James, and I've been searching for them and their shiny red car ever since they left.  I really thought I saw James in the neighbor's garage this evening.  But let me tell you about our fantastic time together.  We crammed a heck of a lot of fun into 2 1/2 days.

The first day that they were here, we headed straight for the farm for some Fall festivities.  I rode in a cow train twice all by myself, and I was thrilled.  I made some rubber duckies win a swimming race, and watched some real live pig races.  We took a hayride out to a corn maze.  Uncle James lead us right through the corn maze without a single wrong turn.



They brought me that cool "tat hat" and I wore it all day long.

Of course I let Allison play with them a little bit too, but it is hard to distract most anyone away from the Gracie show.  She gave me a run for my money, but I've got the edge since Allie hasn't learned to sing and dance yet.

Anyway, on day 2, I took Uncle James and Aunt Gretchen into downtown Savannah, where we did some sightseeing and rode on a horse carriage!  We also ate lunch at Paula Deen's restaurant, where dessert and macaroni & cheese were definitely the best dishes.

Allison had to stay home this day so she wouldn't miss her naps.  Oh boy, do I enjoy the advantages of being a big sister.


With Halloween just a couple of days away, it was time to get the pumpkin's eyes, nose, and mouth carved.  I took charge of this project and told the grown-ups exactly what I wanted done.  They did an outstanding job, complete with one happy and one sad pumpkin, and Uncle James even carved me an itsy-bitsy spider.









As you can see, it was an outstanding weekend.  If I don't find James & Gretchen in the red car around here soon, then I'll be very happy to see them on my upcoming trip to Texas.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Dames and I are excited to see the whole Mikan fam again soon! Thanks for being an awesome host Gacie!

Post a Comment