New Mexico & New People










Last week was fabulous. Grandma & Grandpa Ford, and my Great Uncle John and Great Aunt Kathy visited. I got to show off all my skills and talents, as everyone liked to watch me. Plus, I was constantly entertained by one of them, especially the men--Grandpa danced whenever I played my song, and Uncle John made silly monkey noises and funny faces. As soon as I got tired of one of them, I would let them know, and they'd simply pass me on to the next person! It was great. They all did lots of projects around the house too, which my mom really appreciated. I got to spend lots of "quality time" with my Grandma, while my Mom went horseback riding with John and Kathy, and especially on the train ride.

This train ride that I mentioned... we drove to New Mexico, and rode in a steam train through the mountains. It was pretty, but the best part was the fresh air and the rhythm of the train was perfect for napping, plus I didn't have to sit in my stupid car seat, so I got to sleep almost all day, mostly in Grandma's arms. Awesome. All kinds of firsts too: my first train ride, my first out of state trip, my first time in a hotel, just to name a few. Everyone said I was a good traveller, except for that little car seat issue. I'm ready to get out of there.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Gracie looks like a happy camper! Cute pics of everyone. Can't wait to see you guys on FRIDAY!

Post a Comment