A little Southern culture

Clairee in the movie Steel Magnolias:
"... I just want to expose us to a little more culture and that's not easy to come by in this neck of the woods..."
 
Here we are on the grounds of the Bethesda Home.  It was really pretty
and the trees were covered in Spanish moss.
My mom's friend, Angela, and her daughter, Madison, visited us from Colorado last week.  We tried to take in as much high culture as Savannah has to offer.  Thank goodness I had Madison to entertain me!  She is the coolest.  I can't wait until I am 6.  Anyway, we took a tour of all the sites in Savannah associated with the TV cooking queen, Paula Deen.  We even met Paula Deen's husband, which really thrilled Angela!  We also went to the kid's interactive area of the art museum.  We ate at the Pirate House, and I even exposed them to a little bit of my version of culture: jumping in the bouncy houses at Monkey Joe's.


FISH!!!
 
Waiting for some down-home Southern dish at Uncle
Bubba's Oyster House, one of Paula Deen's restaurants.

 
At the Jepson Center ArtZeum.

Leaving my mark.  This will be
worth some bucks some day!


Weeza in Steel Magnolias:
"You broaden your horizons your way and I'll broaden my horizons mine."

I just couldn't get on-board for some of this "culture," so I spent some super-fun quality time with de Da.  You wouldn't believe some of the things he's taught me.  I can catch a ball, run speed laps around the kitchen counter, and I understand NFL football better than my mother does.  I can't believe the Patriots aren't going to be in the Superbowl!!

I heard all about the other activities in Savannah though, and my mother showed me the pictures.  The grown-ups went to an old mansion that is "really haunted."  My mom even took a picture of the Ghost Meter to prove it!  They went to the Old Savannah Candy Kitchen, and most importantly, brought me some candy.  Also, my mom, Angela, and Madison went on a boat to see some dolphins.  I passed on the cold wind for now.  Maybe next time.
 
Sorrell-Weed House, built in 1836, is one of the ten most
haunted sites in the U.S.!

No comments:

Post a Comment