Let the celebrations begin!

by Gracie

The big 2 is just around the corner, and I kicked off the party early so I could celebrate with my daddy.  He has to go to work for a few weeks.  We had a wonderful party weekend, complete with cake, a trip to the toy store, and an outing to the bouncy houses.

I had a great time at Leaping Lizards.  Jumping is super, but I think my favorite part is going down the slides really fast.  Luckily, I got to play with both of my parents, because Allie slept almost the whole time.  She has no idea what she missed out on.  Of all places to give in to the nap!!  My dad and I also won more dinosaurs for my collection, and a couple of them appeared on my birthday cake later.  They have invaded our house and they are everywhere.


Shopping for toys was a treat.  Since I'm almost 2, I got to really shop instead of just riding in the shopping cart with everything out of reach.  I test drove some cars, saw real live Elmo & Ernie, saw all kinds of bubble-blowing toys, animals, and dolls.  It was a blast.

I am enjoying my Mrs. Potato Head very much.  I didn't pick her out myself, but my parents are smart cookies.  They usually know exactly what will amuse me.  I've been mastering the art of facial rearrangement.  I think she looks great with 2 noses.  I've also been shaking my new pompoms and making millions of bubbles.

I miss Daddy already, but the party must carry-on, and Grandma & Grandpa Ford will be here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment